Plan a Visit
Coming to a new church (or maybe going to any church) for the first time can be a big step! At First Christian we would love to make that step as easy as possible for you. Contact us email@example.com or call the office at (314) 837-2269 and let us know you are coming; we would love to talk you through what our weekend experience looks and feels like. You can also check out some of the information below:
Where are you located?
What service options do you have available?
We offer two services on Sunday mornings. We have a classic service at 8:00 am that is a more traditional experience. It meets in our Stage One worship space, which is through the main front doors and straight back on the left, just past our Starting Point Cafe.
At 10:30 am we offer an energetic, modern worship experience. This is located in our main Worship Center, which is through the main front doors and over to the right.
How do people dress?
We want people to dress comfortably! You will find a wide variety of styles, but generally people dress casual.
What happens during the service?
- The service typically begins with music and a welcome. The style of music is contemporary, but we have a broad range that appeals to a multi-ethnic and multi-generational congregation!
- Every week we take communion as a reminder of Jesus’ sacrifice on the cross for our sins. This is open to all believers who have accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior, not just members.
- Every week we also have a chance to worship through the giving of our tithes and offerings. This can be done through multiple avenues. The passing of offering plates in the service happens every week. You can also give online, with the option of setting your gifts up as recurring. You can give through the Church Center App; you can find a tutorial here. You can also use text-to-give from your mobile device; you can find a tutorial on that here.
- You will hear a message from God through the preaching of the Word. In God’s Word we can find encouragement, conviction of sin, hope, amongst many other things; our desire is to preach from the Word and to help point you to ways to practically apply these powerful and relevant Words to your daily life!
- Every week we offer a time of invitation with a chance to respond. A song will play during this time and you will have the opportunity to come forward for prayer, the chance to make First Christian your church home, or to accept Christ as Lord and Savior for the first time and to be baptized! We have everything you would need to make that decision already in place (towels, shirts, shorts, hair caps, hair dryers, etc..) We would love to help lead you through any decision you would like to make.
What do you offer for children?
We have a strong children’s ministry that provides programming for birth-6th grade every Sunday at 10:30. Our UP KIDS volunteers lead in fun and interactive lessons that engage your children in learning the foundational truths of who Jesus is and how much God loves them!
At First Christian, the safety of your children is of the upmost importance to us. Because of that, all of our volunteers are background checked and vetted before being commissioned to serve. We also have a check-in system that captures important information that assists in drop-off/pick-up times. The initial setup will take a few extra minutes, so we would encourage you to show up a few minutes early to make sure we can get you in to service on time! You can also pre-register your kids here!
The easiest way to check in your children is to park around back to southeast corner of the church (on the playground side of the green space behind the church) and come in those doors. The check-in stations will be immediately to your right as soon as you walk in!
You can learn more about our UP KIDS ministry by looking here.